Savers overpriced old goods

When an obnoxious junk store sells real old, real used items at constantly increasing higher prices, then something is wrong.A typical fifty cent item some years past now will cost four to five dollars.

A previous two dollar item may be priced at eight dollars or more. Donations are accepted and resold at total profit. The place is filled with destructive wild children who create a free for all hazardous playground. The few miserable employes are bewildered and useless.

One can rarely find a good item at a fair price and management offers no consideration to long time customers.The story here is one big musty Halloween costume and bring anti-bacteria lotion.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 28, 2015 #1054823

Please let's start a complaint wall, my wife and I have always been a fan of savers since it opened, a new wave of thrift store with great prices, but.......somewhere something changed from how they priced things, prices got outrageous out of hand to the point that I am disgusted but not just me people around me were complaining also, how is it that people donate everything in these stores to help other people in need buy items and clothing that we could otherwise not afford yet the prices are either just as much as the regular department stores and sometimes even higher, I have been taking lots of pictures of items that are way overpriced and showing them to people and they are outraged by them, for Gods sake these items ARE USED!. Today I was there with my wife and as I was waiting for her I was standing by the women's pocketbooks and I saw a purse being sold for $129.99 because they say it is a name brand, that doesn't matter, it is still used and most likely a knock offs several others were priced similar it made me mad and sick to my stomach, I went to the section of sheets and blankets to see if I can find a comforter for my puppies and the price of the comforter was $69.99 used! DAMM! I asked the girl working there that whoever is pricing these items is smoking crack, her answer was,"it's a name brand", hellooo it's still used and made in a sweat shop. I emailed corporate on this and attached several images of "rape pricing" and never got a single response or call, I... Show more

2 0 Reply
nice try

Apr 01, 2015 #966772 Kearney, Missouri

I couldn't have said it better myself. You used to Get a 30% off coupon for donations, then it went to 20%, now 10%. And children's clothing prices are laughable. I was told today by store manager that their items are very unique, and that they have a lot of consultants and accountants and "algorithms" and even threw me a "Laffer Curve" example - done!

3 0 Reply

Jan 30, 2015 #938586 Saint Louis, Missouri

My local Savers supports Vietnam Veterans which I am thrilled about. Having said that, I could not find one single thing in my local Savers that was priced right/reasonably. Toys or partial toys were bagged in Baggies and cost more than NEW! Chipped dishes missing parts were priced over new. Clothing, faded and missing buttons etc, also priced more than new. What is their problem? I love thrift stores but the Savers chain is gouging folks. My local store is very clean and quiet mostly.

2 1 Reply

Jan 25, 2015 #936198 Renton, Washington

You have to think that as times change and prices go up in regular retail establishments, then why wouldn't they in a thrift store? I am a regular, long-time shopper of Savers, or Value Village in my area, and find this to be such a ridiculous over-exaggeration of price inflation. Again, as prices change all around us, the thrift store is going to have increased prices as well.
And they never claim to be a not-for-profit business, but every donation we make means money from their sales to help a non-profit organization. At least in my community, I know this to be true because we have used the non-profit that helps visually impaired people when my great-aunt was going blind and needed assistance. We asked about donations and if Value Village actually helps, and they said that with the donations that they receive from Value Village, they are able to run their program without worry.
As for the unruly children, it is not the responsibility of ANY employee to take care of them, it is the sole-responsibility of the parents. I know that every place that I have worked that deals with the public has strict rules about how you deal with children because parents make it such a delicate subject. And when you have a horde of "destructive wild children" entering and exiting an establishment all day long, you can guarantee that there will be a mess. Be an adult about it and say something to the parents, or better yet, just pick up the toy that is in your way. The "miserable"
... Show more

1 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Savers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Savers.
Filing a new complaint about